Missionaries of Charity


Mother House of the Missionaries of Charity founded by Mother Teresa. This large spirituality inside together with the signatures of reincarnation belief gives them peace and tranquility. The Tomb of Mother Teresa is in a simple room in the refectory of the Mother House of the Missionaries of Charity, the order founded by religious born in Skopje in 1910 and died in Calcutta in 1997.

The refectory was converted into a chapel, the walls are painted in yellow straw and the floor is covered with linoleum. The chapel houses a collection of letters written by religious and simple everyday objects. Few figures in modern history have enjoyed the renown of Mother Teresa of Calcutta, founder of the Missionaries of Charity. 

The diminutive Catholic nun whose life was spent in service to, and as an advocate for, the poorest of the poor, died in 1997 and was beatified by Pope John Paul II in 2003. As she advances toward sainthood, she remains an icon of faith and selfless dedication to others. To commemorate the 100th anniversary of her birth August 26, 1910, the Knights of Columbus Museum opened an exhibition on her life and mission on March 25.

The Missionaries of Charity in Latin Congregation sororum Missionarium Caritatis, in English Missionaries of Charity and the Sisters of Mother Teresa are a religious institute of women of pontifical right the sisters of this congregation.

The congregation was founded by Anjeza Gonxhe Bojaxhiu (1910-1997), in religion Mother Teresa source Albanian, embraced the religious life in the Congregation of the Sisters of Loreto, the branch Irish Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and in 1929 was sent in India , where he devoted himself to teaching. Affected by the poor living conditions of the population of Calcutta, with the permission of the Holy See 18 August 1948 he left his congregation decided to found a new one.

She completed a three-month period of training at the Medical Mission Sisters to learn the techniques and nursing, 19 March 1949, she joined her first companion. The Missionaries of Charity were erected in the religious congregation of diocesan right by the Archbishop of Calcutta 7 October 1950 and received papal approval on 1 February 1965. The founder, who won the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1979, was proclaimed Blessed by Pope John Paul II in St. Peter's Square in Rome on October 19 2003.

The sisters are devoted to various works of moral and material assistance to the poor; there is also a branch of contemplative nuns who, with the exception of two hours in which they devote themselves to the service of the community, support the other nuns with prayer. In addition to the three votes that are common to all religious poverty, obedience and chastity, the Missionaries of Charity emit a fourth vow, to give themselves to the service of the poorest of the poor.

They are present in many countries Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas, the seat of the General is at Calcutta . 

Comments

  1. The tree. creeping into shot. adds a very vibrant splash of colour! By the way, is that a bird sat up there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the hand is to serve and the heart is to love and thats what proven by this charity.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment